High Blood Pressure's a Killer!

I went to the doctor at lunchtime yesterday. I couldn't continue work with the monster headache I had. I had them all weekend long. The walk-in clinic doctor told me that I have 'tension' headaches and an alarmingly high blood pressure. Who knew?
Calling them 'tension' headaches makes them sound so wousy. These headaches were debilitating, knock me to my knees, "Please for the love of everything holy, go away!" headaches. They weren't temporarily gone with anything I had, so I'm glad the walk in clinic gave me these cute little pills called "Toradol". Beautiful glorious little pills which have knocked me into the future for 6 hours at a time....conveniently the same amount of time I need before I take my next dosage....wonderful.
Well, I've had to miss another day of work today. Great. That's the one thing I hate about this....believe it or not, I hate missing work. Something to do with the morals/ethics and convictions my parents gave me about an honest day's work.
I have to go back on Wednesday to have her check my blood pressure again. I looked it up and 160/100 is alarmingly high (that's the phrase she used), so I'd better watch it. Afterall, that's why hypertension is called the 'silent' killer. I had no idea it was so high!

1 Comments:
Glad you've got something to help with the pain. Take the extra time off if you need, nothing's happening at work. Get some rest and de-stress.
Fly high with me, my friend! Fly high and feel no pain! Oh glorious pills of magic...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home