Partay up in heereee! Holla-holla!!
I had a wicked time on Saturday night....took Sunday and Monday to fully recover, but I'm alive to tell the tale! Lets just say there was a lot of alcohol involved with some friends. I know that the point of no return is when I start to declare my undying love for people--it happens, every time, sometime during the drinking fest. I've learned to accept it; so should you!
So it was time I took all those dreaded empties to the recycling facility. I packed up my car and away I went to work. It was a LOVELY day...and has been all week. It's been approximately 20C (60F for my Yankee friends) all week so I left the window open a crack. My dark blue SUV burns up with heat QUITE quickly in the beautiful sunshine. I knew I couldn't take the empties back on my way into work, so I'd do it during my lunch hour.
What I saw when I opened the back of my SUV will be etched in my head for many years to come.
There must have been, with not a word of a lie, approximately 50 flies crawling out of the assorted Pomtini, Mudslide and Vex bottles I accumulated over the month. Most of them were on their backs twitching their legs in drunken bliss (or stickiness...), and some where still trying (unsuccessfully) to crawl their way out of the bottles. I guess they lost all use of their legs....kinda sounds like me on Saturday!
After my initial shock, I burst out into laughter. Cleaning the mess up was going to be a different story. And it honestly wasn't difficult. I just scraped them out of the car. They don't put up much of a struggle when drunk....kinda like me! bow-chick-a-wow-wow!
So it was time I took all those dreaded empties to the recycling facility. I packed up my car and away I went to work. It was a LOVELY day...and has been all week. It's been approximately 20C (60F for my Yankee friends) all week so I left the window open a crack. My dark blue SUV burns up with heat QUITE quickly in the beautiful sunshine. I knew I couldn't take the empties back on my way into work, so I'd do it during my lunch hour.
What I saw when I opened the back of my SUV will be etched in my head for many years to come.
There must have been, with not a word of a lie, approximately 50 flies crawling out of the assorted Pomtini, Mudslide and Vex bottles I accumulated over the month. Most of them were on their backs twitching their legs in drunken bliss (or stickiness...), and some where still trying (unsuccessfully) to crawl their way out of the bottles. I guess they lost all use of their legs....kinda sounds like me on Saturday!
After my initial shock, I burst out into laughter. Cleaning the mess up was going to be a different story. And it honestly wasn't difficult. I just scraped them out of the car. They don't put up much of a struggle when drunk....kinda like me! bow-chick-a-wow-wow!

1 Comments:
Even the best of people choose poorly if overtempted. I can totally envision you scraping the drunken flies out of your car. Too funny!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home