Thursday, August 18, 2005

RIP Herbert



Well. Herbert has died. I have no idea how my little bucket of bolts decided to konk it to computer heaven; but it has. It has decided that it had enough of this world and blew smoke out of his little compressor--similar to his soul lifting up to the heavens.

I don't know what would have made him so mad at me. Sure, the occasional Diet Coke can hit his keys, I did the occasional cold boot to his system and once (or twice) I cursed at him.

But no, he has decided that he has had enough of his life here with his family and gone to live amongst the other pieces of equipment I have either torched, killed or maimed in some way or another.

Goodbye my friend. I'm sorry to see you go. I know your replacement will only ever be a 'replacement' because we both know the rough times we went through together.

RIP Herbert...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home